Over Spring Break, we didn't make any plans to go anywhere because I wanted to do some deep down, Spring Cleaning. (Even if we still had 2 1/2 feet of snow outside) I told the kids that maybe one day we would go to Idaho Falls and find something’s to do.
Well, then Rhett's mom called and told us that his cousin that has been so sick the last 5 years, past away. He was 13. He had some kind of sickness that slowly turned him into a vegetable. It was so sad to see such an active boy slowly slow down. We wanted to support their family, because we grew to love Michael so much, so we went to the funeral there in Salt Lake.
Rhett and I decided to get a hotel room and take the kids swimming!! To see the excitement in Kesslee’s and Ashton’s eyes, was so well worth it. They thought we were the best parents ever. (add another mark to the chart, hehe) But we had one dilemma. The last time we went swimming Ashton would not move from the stairs unless we were holding him. We didn't know how to juggle the twins and Ashton and still have everyone enjoy themselves. So I ran to Wal-Mart fast and bought the girls some floaties to sit in.
Well, he shocked Rhett and I when we got to the pool. He went to the side and jumped in and swam all by himself the whole time. We were very proud of him to say the least!!
So Rhett played with the girls and I got to swim and play with Kesslee and Ashton myself. It was a BLAST! Since I had the twins, finding that time alone with the older kids is very hard. I try to find little things to do with them, go to the park, go for a walk or play with their toys with them, But I still have the girls always right by my side. I know they enjoyed it a lot to have “mommy time”! I also thought it was nice also to have Husband and Wife time with out the busy world. We all had the time of our lives!!


1 comment:
It looks like you guys had alot of fun! But where is the zoo pictures?
~Onna~
Post a Comment