Monday, December 1, 2008

Kesslee's Gymnastics

KESSLEE HURD, LEVEL 3
MY GYMNIST

STAR GYMNASTICS TEAM (two girls are missing)


This post is a little bit late, but I couldn't find my pictures until now. This is our first meet for our team girls to compete at. It turned out to be an AWESOME one. Star Gymnastics took 2nd place as a team but the 1st placers were from Utah, so for Wyoming, we really took 1st!! Then out of 10 girls, 8 of them qualified to compete at State December 13th!! One of the girls was injured so she didn't compete then the other girl didn't qualify because of hurting her ankle. I was so proud of them. Kesslee did so GREAT! She took a 30.1 all around score which qualified her for state and to move up to Level 4 after state! It was so awesome for her!! Then we went to Douglas and she did even better. Her all around score was 31.3!! I have been so impressed with her and her willingness and drive for a little 6 year old. As her Coach and her mother!! How spoiled am I?! Anyways, we will be going to Logan to train for two days with Ray Corn, who is USUs head coach that retired this year!! (Kesslee is SO EXCITED!!) Then to Evanston this weekend and to Douglas next weekend for State! Ya a lot of traveling, but so worth it!! So wish us luck and I will keep you updated on how it all turns out!! (BEWARE lots of pictures)

Kesslee at line up

Vaulting

Layne and Kesslee
Back Walk over in her floor routine

Kesslee has warmed up to Sadie and just loves her!
Kesslee standing on the platform being announced for qualifing for State

I love this picture as she watches her team mates performing!

Kesslee really consentrating! I love this one also!


Chalking up for the Bars!


3 comments:

bellamichella said...

Good job Kess, You are awesome!!! Congratulations. Keep up the hard work. You are the best!

Tia said...

That looks so fun! I've been thinking about getting Trinidee into gymnastics. She has NO fear!

Vicki said...

I love the serious look on her face. You can tell she is a little competitor. How fun to see :)