Friday, October 3, 2008

FEELING OF A TERRIBLE MOTHER!!

So Rhett took yesterday off and went hunting. He came back early and the Cold Storage called and told us our deer was done and that we could come and pick it up. So went down to Thayne, picked up the deer and ran to the grocery store to pick up a few items. On the way home I was telling Rhett that we were going to cut the time short to when Kess gets of the bus. She gets home at 3:00 and it was 2:35. But Kesslee and I have talked about what if mommy wasn't home when she got off the bus. What she should do, and that if mommy wasn't here somebody else would be or I would be here really quick after she got off the bus. Well we pulled into the garage and I turned to look at Rhett (I was driving) and these two little hands HIT my window. I literally about wet my pants. I turned and looked and then my Eyes welled up with tears. I totally forgot that on Thursdays it was early release and Kesslee gets home at 2:00. Ya I was 45 minutes getting home after she was home. I felt like the WORST MOTHER EVER! I kept hugging her and telling her that I was so sorry and she kept telling me: "Mom its ok. I did my homework, read both my books, found a piece of gum and laid down!! I'm ok. It was kinda fun to be by myself!" What a sweet innocent honest child. I quized her about her reading and she answered every question correctly and she had her math all done. I have never, never felt like the worst mother ever but yet felt so proud at the same time. Thanks Kesslee for being so grown up!!!!!

6 comments:

bellamichella said...

Nice. I'm so glad to hear you are normal!!! We were just up this weekend and it was beautiful. Hope all is well. See you later.

Travis and Onna said...

Your not a bad mom your just teaching her to be by herself now and again. LOL I miss you guys so much to! Ill be home this weekend. Ill try and make it out to see you guys!.... Ya that hike was alot of fun. Some guy walking by took it for us. :) you guys should come down and go with us before it snows. lol
~Onna~

Travis and Onna said...

OK time to update!
~Onna~

Janna said...

Hi Shanna- Nice blog and your twins are so cute! I love this blogging world. Hope you guys are doing well!

The Brown Bunch said...

Just saying Hello! :) Your kids are so stinkin' cute!!!! Hope all is going well!

Shanna

bellamichella said...

OK Sweetie! Definately time to update! Love ya and want to know how you guys are. We are good!